Da Nang International Airport
Danang International Airport is the largest airport of the Central region as well as Central Highlands of Vietnam. The airport is the third largest scale of Vietnam’s airport (ranked just after Tan Son Nhat international airport of Ho Chi Minh city and Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city. Danang International Airport is located in Hai Chau District, that is 3,2 kilometers away from the center of Da Nang city. This is an important point of airline in Central Vietnam and all over the country. In 2011, the airport has reached 3 million passengers.
Da Nang International Airport has been built since 1940 as a civilian airport by French colonical government, its first name was known as “Tourane Airport”.
Since 1960, the U.S has extended this airport to a vital airbase of South Vietnam with the system of two runways and many works of technical services respectively, mainly used for military purposes and partly have a combination with civil aviation.
After the reunification of the country in 1975, Da Nang airport severed as an vital military base and was ranked as the reserve international airport for both international airports of Tan Son Nhat and Noi Bai.
By 1980s, the role of Da Nang airport in the national civil aviation gradually increased with the passenger flow of 50,000 passengers per year and about 300 tons of cargo by the end of 1990.
Until December 2011, a brand new building has officially replaced the old airport base.
The airport currently has two parallel runways with the leng of about 3050 meters for each one that could handle very large and modern aircraft such as Airbus 320s, 330s, 340s, Antonov 124 or Boeing 747s, 767s.
The traffic volume of the airport averages 100 to 150 flights every 24 hours for more than 10 airlines consist of both domestic and international airways.
The tourist can easily take a choice for domestic travel to many big cities and destinations in Vietnam.
* Vietnam Airlines: Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Lat, Nha Trang, Buon Me Thuot, Pleiku, Ho Chi Minh city, Can Tho.
* Jetstar Pacific Airlines: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city.
* VietJet Air: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city.
Apart from domestic airlways, it is convenient for the passengers to get a international flights for optional choice. The frequent flights for the passengers are:
* Macau – Da Nang (Air Macau, Jetstar Pacific Airlines)
* Beijing – Da Nang (China Eastern Airlines)
* Guangzhou – Da Nang (Chinese Shouthern Airline)
* HongKong – Da Nang (Dragonair)
* Korean – Da Nang (Korean Air, Asiana Airlines)
* Tokyo – Da Nang (Vietnam Airline)
* Singapore – Da Nang (Silkair)
* Shanghai – Da Nang (Vietnam Airline, Shanghai Airlines)
* Taipei (Far Eastern Air Transport)
* Siem Reap (SilkAir, Vietnam Airline)
* Vientiane – Da Nang(Lao Airlines)
It is expected that Da Nang will have opportunity to welcome more flights of many other airlines from other popular destinations all over the world in near future.
– The most convenient vehicle to get in the center of city from the airport and vice versa is taxi. It is 5 kilometers far from the airport to the center of city that may cost about 5 USD for a taxi. And if the tourists want to get to the resort areas from the airport, it cost about 8 USD to travel almost 8 kilometers.
– Hotels with passenger transfer service to the airport near Da Nang international airport:
* 5 stars hotel: HAGL Plaza Hotel Danang (1 Nguyen Van Linh street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang): Only 1,5 km far from the airport, the luxury hotel is really comfortable to serve a wonderful holiday for the tourists.
The distance from the hotel to the atractive destination for the tourists:
+ Cham Museum : 1 km
+ Da Nang beach: 2 km
+ Marble Moutain: 2 km
+ Hoi An ancient town: 20km
* 4 stars hotel: Eden Plaza Da Nang (5 Duy Tan street, Da Nang city; Tel: (+84)511 3662 666)
The hotel is situated in a convenient location within a radius of 2 km from the Cham Museum and Dragon Bridge. Famous Han River, Han River Bridge and Da Nang International Airport are approximately 3 km far from here. And Marble Moutain is 7 km away from the hotel.
Eden Plaza Da Nang tour desk can assist guests with car rental service, organized tours and travel arrangements. Luggage storage services, currency exchange, laundry and meeting organization amenities are provided under request.
* 3 stars hotel:
– Tien Thinh Hotel: (448 Hoang Dieu street, Da Nang city)
Tel: (0511) 3.834 568 – 3.834 566 – 3.834 577
With the convenient location only about 10 minutes of travelling by car to the airport, the hotel is a really good choice for the tourists. It is also easy to move to attractive sestinations and shopping malls of Da Nang from here. Tourists can travel to My Khe, Non Nuoc Beach, Marble Moutain in 5 to 10 minutes. For further tours, it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the charming city of Hoi An or My Son Sanctuary.
– Gold Hotel I (24 Nui Thanh, Da Nang)
Gold Hotel I is only more than 1 km far from the airport. From the hotel, visitors just need 3 minutes to drive to the South River and 5 minutes to get to Marble Mountain and My Khe Beach. Cham Museum is also 7 minutes to go on foot from here.
– Do Hai Hotel: ( 77 Nguyen Van Linh, Da Nang)
Tel: (+84)511 6265 333
Do Hai Hotel 3 star standard, 15 storeys high and one basement with 64 rooms equipped with modern amenities, located at 77 Nguyen Van Linh – The most beautiful street of Danang city.
The hotel has a prime location in downtown. Da Nang International Airport, Dragon Bridge, Han River and Cham Museum are all 850m far from the hotel; It is about 1,5 km to get to all the places of Big C supermarket, Con Market, Han Market, Da Nang Railway Station is 600 meters away from here. And My Khe Beach is only 1.5 km far also.
+ Minh Toan Hotel: (162 Hai Thang Chin street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang city)
Tel: (+84-511) 631 788 – 631 888
It takes about 15 minutes to drive to the hotel from the airport.
And the exact time to travel by car to get to other places and attractions in Da Nang as following:
Metro Da Nang: 5 minutes
Cham Museum: 5 minutes
Bai But and Son Tra Resorts: 20 minutes
Marble Moutain: 15 minutes
Non Nuoc Village: 15 minutes
Hoi An Ancient Town: 25 minutes
My Son Sanctuary: 35 minutes
+ White Snow Hotel: (B2.4 Lot 5-6 Nguyen Van Linh street, Da Nang city)
Tel: (+84) 511 3 566 999
Distance from the attractions:
Da Nang International Airport: 800 m
Han Market : 800 m
Da Nang Railway Station: 1 km
Han River Bridge: 1 km
My Khe Beach: 2 km
Marble Moutain: 12 km
* 2 stars hotel:
– Dai Long Hotel: ( 192-194 Ha Huy Tap, Da Nang City)
Tel and Hotline: (+84-511) 3725 350 – (+84)983 811 511
Distance from the attractions:
Da Nang International Airport: 2 km
Thanh Binh Public Beach: 1km
My Khe Beach: 5,9 km
Marble Moutain: 10 km
Non Nuoc Village: 10,7 km
– Oc Tien Sa hotel: (163 Nguyen Hoang, Da Nang)
Tel: (+84-511) 3573 163 Hotline: 0915 859 350 – 0988 441 130
Only 500m away from the airport.
– Some other two stars hotels nearby the airport:
( Hotels in the radius of 3 km from the airport)
Manh Cuong Hotel ( 492 Hai Thang Chin, Da Nang)
Camry Hotel (11 To Huu, Hai Chau, Da Nang)
Brown Bean 2 Hotel ( 380 Hai Thang Chin, Da Nang)
Nam A 1 Hotel (204 Trung Nu Vuong, Da Nang)
Red Diamond Hotel (21-23 Le Quy Don, Da Nang)
Ha Binh Hotel (516 Hai Thang Chin, Da Nang)