Visitors to Da Nang not only have opportunity to visit many famous tourist attractions, soak in the cool waters of the
sea in hot summer day, join in the marine sports games but also you can enjoy yourself with a variety of Da Nang cuisine. Apart from so various types of seafood thanks to the advantage of a coastal city, Da Nang is really famous for many streetfood dishes that are collected from all of the regions in the country after being processed in the form of local dishes have become specialties of Danang. It seems these dishes has long been a symbol for Da Nang’s cuisine, it contributes a huge and colourful part in the generral Vietnamese cuisine. The following is a selection of streetfood dishes as famous cuisine of Da Nang that visitors come here always want to enjoy.
– Rice paper rolls with pork (bánh tráng cuốn thịt heo): The two best place for the dish are
restaurant at 35 Le Duan Street, Hai Chau District and Mau restaurant at 35 Do Thuc Dinh Cam Le District. It is one of the most favourite streetfood dish of even local people, and strongly almost of the tourists have ever tried it. These two restaurants are famous for the that is considered the most important ingredient of the dish.
– Rice vermicelli soup (bún mắm) : The best sidewalk restaurant for the dish is on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street, the price ranges from 8,000 VND – 10,000 VND.
– Quang noodle (mì Quảng): Almost Quang noodle dish does not have a precise standard, because in Da Nang The tourists can easily to find themselve a good quality Quang noodle at almost of restaurants in service. Shop 01 Hai Phong, Quang noodles modern shrimp. Each area is famous for one certain recipe. For example, Thanh Chiem Village in Dien Ban District, Quang Nam. Province is known shrimp noodle, while chicken noodle is at its best in Tuy Loan, Hoa Vang District, Da Nang City.
– Rice paper with sauce (bánh tráng tương): A special rice paper is combined rice and black sesame. It was grilled on the charcoal stove to make a brittleness when eating. Specially, if you wanna have a taste experience, a rice paper rolls with sauce will satisfy you. You can find out the restaurant famous for this one at the opposite of Trung Vuong school: they have rice paper with sauce, chopped mango, tasty jackfruit water. The kiosk on Le Dinh Duong street also has many types of junk food that is quite delicious.
– Sizzling cake (bánh xèo): Sizzling cakeis savoury fried pancakes made of rice floor, water, turmeric powder, coconut milk stuffed with slivers of fatty pork, shrimp, diced green onion, and bean sprouts. We roll it by mustard leaf, lettuce leaves or rice paper wrappers and eat together with the sauce of sweet and sour fish (it is not like normal salty sauce but much more sweet and sour). The kiosk of Ms. Dưỡng on Hoang Dieu treet is the most well-known for the dish.
– Rolled cake (bánh cuốn) : This is actually the favourite dish for a great number of the local people and the trevellers. Indeed there is nothing more interesting than to enjoy pieces of hot, white and long roll cakes with the buttery taste of wood fungus, mushrooms and chopped pork inside. Long rolls are considered as a gift from the countryside because it is not too fussy but very gentle. You can use this Danang delicious at any time of the day. We can enjoy the dish in some famous destination as following:
+ Rolled cake kiosk (in the morning) : No. 2, Nguyen Thanh Han street.
+ Rolled cake kiosk: No. 78, Le Do street
+ Tien Hung kiosk: 190 Tran Phu street.
+ Hot rolled cake: 183 Le Duan street.
– Water fern cake, tapioca cake packed with shrimp, steamed shrimp rice cake: Being separated by the Hai Van pass, Hue and Da Nang are very close to each other. Therefore, their food is also similar, and converted to the local style and taste. These three types of cake are the dishes made by a Hue woman in Da Nang.
Water fern cake (bánh bèo)is a mixture of rice flour, shrimp paste, fried onion and fish sauce. The fish sauce for water fern cake is salty and quite sweet.
Tapioca cake packed with shrimp (bánh bột lọc):A cake is a piece of shrimp and ground pork covered by banana leaf. The fish sauce for the dish is not like for water fern cake.
Steamed shrimp rice cake (bánh nậm):It is the steam dish of rice flour, a little bit of shrimp and pork. The fish sauce goes with steamed shrimp rice cake may be sweet or salty up to one’s flavour.
The best well-known restaurant for the three dishes is Bà Bé (Ms. Bé) at 100 Hoang Van Thu street. There is some reference price for the visitors: All of dishes consist of 3 trays of water fern cake with 6 bowls per tray, 2 plates of tapioca cake packed with shrimp with 8 cakes per plate, 2 plates of steamed shrimp rice cake with 4 cakes per plates will cost 50,000 VND. These can feed enough for 3 people.
– Mixed dry pancake (bánh tráng trộn): What you expect for the dish are dry pancake, green mango, balut, peanuts, herbs, pork’s liver, dry chilli, they are served in a bowl, please remember to mix everything together before you enjoy it. If you would like to try it, please find the adress of street vendor at 300-302 Le Duan street. That suits the price about 10,000 VND/bowl.
– Sweetened porridge (chè): We should not forget to refer to “chè” in one of many favourite junk food types in Da Nang. The tourists who fall in love with junk food will be really facinated with the dish in the city. The most favourite “chè” of almost local people and the tourists in Da Nang is banana sweettened porridge (chè chuối). Banana “chè” at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street (close to Trung Nguyen café), or at Ong Ich Khiem street (near the church).