Supermarket is always a good choice to fullfill our daily items. If the tourists come to Da Nang for travelling would like to buy some items that they has unfortunately forgot to prepare in advanced, the most convenient way to do that is just find a supermarket. If you want to buy some personal items that you need in urgent, the supermarrket is also the first place you should know. All of usual items for daily use are sold here, it will be really helpful for the tourists, because with a variety of good types and modern method of payment, all of goods are exchanged easily. Especially, the tourists do not need to worry to buy anything at an unfair price thanks to fixed price on product packaging. These shopping mall is considered as the most attactive place in Da Nang for shopping and relaxing. People can purchase fashion items or food, even enjoy entertainmaint time for relaxing with many kinds of game such as bowling clubs, patin or cinemas.
Some big supermarkets in Da Nang:
– Big C Supermarket: No. 255-257 Hung Vuong street, Vinh Trung ward, Thanh Khe district.
– Lotte Mart Da Nang Supermarket: Southeatern area of the monument, Hoa Cuong Bac district, Hai Chau district.
– Intimex Pasteur Supermarket: No. 2 Pasteur, Hai Chau 1 ward, Hai Chau district.
– Co.opMart Da Nang Supermarket: No. 478 Dien Bien Phu street, Thanh Khe district.
There are many markets in Da Nang, each of them features different characteristics and kinds of good. Viet Nam is one of Southeast Asian countries that supply agricultural product to local people by freshfood markets. It is considered a good opportunity and experience of the tourists to come and try these one. The markets are always busy, colourful and attractive for taking photographs, so it’s a great idea to walk around the markets and get some experience from the places.
Apart from fresh food, the tourist can find more goods in the other markets such as Hoa Cuong wholesale market, or Con, Tan Chinh, Hoa Khanh, Le Trach market. They are really great places for choosing souvenirs from the local area and a plenty of good types.
– Han Market: Tran Phu street, Hai Chau 1 ward, Hai Chau district.
It is the most crowed market in Da Nang city that was built and put into operation since 1940, located in Tran Phu street and three other faces is also three main streets that are Bach Dang, Hung Vuong and Tran Hung Dao. The highlight of the market are various fresh food types and fish stalls as distinctive and familiar cuisine of Vietnamese. It is a good place to buy seafoods, farming products, many types of fruits and traditional clothes with a good bargain for most local people and foreigners.
The market is quite diverse and rich with various kinds of goods, such as shoes, cloth, clothes, bags, and souvenirs or gifts, etc. Especially Han market is famous for fresh seafood, food, fresh fruits and specialties of Danang as the fish stalls, dried goods that the tourists of Da Nang usually prefer to buy as a gift – a typical and familiar dish of Central region. On the package, the label as well as expiration date have been tested by Market Management Board and listed on the price of every product. The commercial civilization here is quite good without extreme insistence, entice, lack of balance or fraud.
– Con Market: 318 Ong Ich Khiem, Hai Chau District.
Located in the city center, the market was rebuilt including 3 spacious floors with an area of 14,000 m² and its official name was Danang Commercial Center in 1984. But Da Nang’s people still refer to it as the “Con market” instead of its real name. Goods in the market is really various, with a full plenty of items from popular to high grade ones by the method of wholesale and retail.
Today, the number of customers come to Con market is very crowded, they are businessmen, the trades among local people. Con market have more than 2,000 family household business with full of rich and diverse business items, every day people go shopping in the markets with more than 11,000 visits. Coming to Da Nang, tourists can visit Con market for sightseeing and purchasing many type of specilities of Danang and Central region with reasonable price.
Supermarket of Central Specialities
Supplying all kinds of one dried sun squid, beef sausage, beef jerky, many types of seafood, coffee, souvenirs, many kinds of candy, sprinkled sesame, and other assorted specialties made in the central region. Serving retailers to consumers, creating a new stylish shopping trend: “optional shopping”. All fixed prices are reasonable, and varied with many attractive promotions. Supermarkets of Central specialties are characterized as friendliness, proximity to customers, giving customers a plenty of specialties most in Central and many additional services. The place will be a good destination for the tourist to choose themselves some specialities to try or buy them as gift.
A good place for these is Thien Phu Supermarket of Central Specialities:
Address: 227 Nguyen Van Linh Street, Da Nang City or 659 Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Da Nang City; Tel: 05112.465.565 , Hotline: 0983.234.118
Some of the most favourite souvenirs in Da Nang is handicraft gifts that be sold in souvenir shops, street vendors or even in the place of processing the products.
Non Nuoc fine arts stone products are widely sold in the village of Non Nuoc village ( at the foothills of Marble Mountain in Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang city) and at almost of hotels in the area. There are all kinds of handicraft products that are human statues or animals statues such as unicorns, dragons. Many kinds of ornaments and jewelry items are sculpted exquisitely elaborately. Visitors come here can buy stone souvenirs performed by the talented hands of local artists.
Ceramic wares are on sale presentation along Le Duan street from number 123 to 129 or the junctihon of Nui Thanh and Trung Nu Vuong, or in the shop.
Some handicraft shops in Da Nang for reference:
– Gia Thinh advanced ceramic shop( 315 Hoang Dieu, Tel: +84.511.389.7167)-
– Hoang Kiet terracotta shop (68 Vo Van Tan, Tel: +84511.364.7113)
– Nam Hai Shop (95B Nguyen Chi Thanh, Tel: +84.511.381.0952)
– Viet Tri Shop (77 Hung Vuong, Tel: +84.511.381.0952).
Cloth and silk
In all of the markets in the city have their own stalls for cloth and silk, the tourists could make a choice for the product in these markets, or they can come to the specialized shop for cloth and silk such as:
– Silkshop Hanh: 91 Phan Chu Trinh ; Tel: +84.511.384.3123
– Dong Phuong Shop: 78 Phan Chu Trinh, Da Nang City; Tel: +84.511.382.4652
– Silkshop Ngoc Diep: 114 Hoang Dieu, Da Nang city ; Tel: +84.511.382.8949
– Lan Huong Shop: 65 Phan Chu Trinh, Da Nang City; Tel: +84.51.387.1980
– When you shop at a fixed price market like Big C, hang on to your receipt, you will need it again to show it to a security guy when you finally leave the supermarket.
– People go to the market should pay attention to your wallet, money, bag, cell phone and other valuable items, because all of the markets in the city especially big markets are the area of opertation for many pickpockets. For more on staying safe, it is the best way to keep your valuable things carefully and take care of it always.
– For masterpiece products, the most suitable way to buy them is that going to manufacturing facility at Non Nuoc village to get a good bargain as well as have opportunity to observer the process of making these products.